Deadwood, a Western drama, aired on HBO for three seasons from 2004 to 2007.
The series, written by David Milch, was set in the 1870s in Deadwood, South Dakota, before and after it was annexed by the Dakota Territory. Milch had always intended for the series to play out over four seasons, and loyal viewers feel robbed of a final season to wrap up the plot line.
At the time of cancellation, HBO promised two, two-hour, made-for-TV movies to wrap up the storylines, but that never materialized.During its run, Deadwood won eight Emmy Awards and received 28 nominations. -Reported by Jeanine Poggi in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV