Harwood Feffer LLP Announces Investigation Of BigBand Networks, Inc.
Harwood Feffer LLP ( www.hfesq.com) is investigating potential claims against the board of directors of BigBand Networks, Inc. (BigBand or the Company) (NASDAQ: BBND) concerning the proposed acquisition of the Company by ARRIS Group, Inc. (“ARRIS”).
On October 11, 2011, BigBand announced it had entered into a definitive agreement pursuant to which the Company would be acquired by ARRIS. Under the terms of the agreement, ARRIS will commence a tender offer for all of the outstanding shares of BigBand common stock within 10 business days. BigBand stockholders will receive $2.24 in cash for each share of Company stock held. BigBand stock has traded as high as $3.28 per share in the last year and $2.25 per share as recently as July 20, 2011.
Our investigation concerns whether the board of directors has breached its fiduciary duties by failing to adequately shop the Company and whether the board undertook a fair process and obtained fair consideration for BigBand stockholders.
Harwood Feffer has been representing individual and institutional investors for many years, serving as lead counsel in numerous cases in federal and state courts. Please visit the Harwood Feffer LLP website ( http://www.hfesq.com) for more information about the firm.If you own BigBand shares and wish to discuss this matter with us, or have any questions concerning your rights and interests with regard to this matter, please contact:
|Robert I. Harwood, Esq.|
|Peter W. Overs, Jr., Esq.|
|Harwood Feffer LLP|
|488 Madison Avenue|
|New York, New York 10022|
|Phone Numbers: (877) 935-7400|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV