BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Mr. Market's looking especially strong right now -- which is all the more reason to load up on "crash stocks."
Worldwide, stocks have managed to turn out a prodigious rally in the last week. At home, the S&P 500 has climbed more than 8.7% in those last five trading sessions -- a push higher that looks like it'll continue as of this morning's open. As a result, it's likely that we'll get a test of the upper bound of the price range that's constricted stock movements in the last quarter. That's a crucial resistance level to break through for this rally to continue.
The added uncertainty factor is why I'm advocating "crash stocks." First, a little bit on what a crash stock is -- and what it's not.I'm not talking about buying up the traditional boring names to get defensive. Instead, a crash stock is a company that sports the combination of a discounted fundamental valuation and bullish momentum and relative strength trends -- that combination makes these six stocks better-suited to defend your portfolio from a bear raid. And it also means that these crash stocks are primed to big beneficiaries if this rally can push through to new ground. Without further ado, here's a look at the crash stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV