What You Need to Know in Markets: Gold Price, European Debt
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- European Commissioner Olli Rehn said the eurozone is nearing a consensus on plans to stabilize the region's debt crisis during a speech in Dublin, helping offset uncertainty from the prior day when Slovakia become the only country to vote against a July 21 agreement to expand the European Financial Stability Facility
All 17 eurozone members must approve the expansion before it can pass. A second vote is expected later this week, and the largest party that opposed the plan, Smer, said it will support the expansion in the second round, ensuring it will pass, according to a Bloomberg report.
European leaders are scrambling to reach an agreement on the EFSF by Oct. 23 when a summit is planned to discuss a package of measures designed to stabilize the eurozone and put contagion fears to rest. Policymakers are expected to consider a recapitalization of its banks in addition to a unified support plan for Greece.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV