BlackBerry Disruptions Spread to U.S.
Updated from 6:31 a.m. EDT with reported outages in North America.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- BlackBerry users around the world, including North and South America, have been cut off from texting for a third straight day.
Research In Motion (RIMM) said Tuesday that its services returned to normal after a failure within its own infrastructure was discovered. But later it acknowledged that disruptions were continuing.
On Wednesday, users in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and India were experiencing patchy email service and no access to browsing and messaging, according to Reuters. The Wall Street Journal said later Wednesday that outages have spread to the U.S. and certain countries in South America, including Brazil and Argentina."BlackBerry subscribers in the Americas may be experiencing intermittent service delays this morning," RIM said in a statement. "We are working to resolve the situation as quickly as possible and we apologize to our customers for any inconvenience. We will provide a further update as soon as more information is available." The BlackBerry outages come as Apple (AAPL) prepares to sell its new smartphone -- the iPhone 4S. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV