By Pete Najarian, co-founder of OptionMonster
Buyers were focused on the November 14 contracts Tuesday, initially paying 80 cents but then 90 cents as the stock pushed higher, according to OptionMonster's real-time tracking systems. More than 6,800 of those calls traded, 50 times the open interest when the session began, indicating that these are new positions.
Invesco's stock rose 0.35% to $14.18 Tuesday but was above $20 back in July. The company, which finances and manages mortgage loans and mortgage-backed securities, recently issued a secondary stock offering to address losses.Overall more than 7,000 calls traded at all strikes versus 679 puts in Tuesday's session, and total volume was triple the daily average for the name. The activity followed call selling in Invesco's November 15 contracts last week, a bet that upside would be limited. Najarian has no positions in IVR.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV