Roth Capital Partners was looking for a loss of a penny per share from Joe's Jeans in the third quarter on revenue of $25.7 million. The firm previewed the quarterly report earlier on Tuesday, maintaining a neutral rating and price target of 75 cents a share because of "limited earnings visibility and the price volatility of the shares."
Also seeing trading interest late Tuesday was TE Connectivity (TEL), which was tabbed to join the S&P 500 after the close of trading on Friday.
The stock gained nearly 7% to $32.75 on volume of more than 150,000 following the news. The company's addition to the S&P 500 assures new buyers as fund managers looking to mirror the performance of the index will need to own the stock. The Switzerland-based maker of electronic components, such as switches and sensors, as well as networking equipment is expected to report its fiscal fourth-quarter results on Oct. 24.
Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV