In a press release after Tuesday's closing bell, Standard & Poor's announced the plans for the inclusion of TE Connectivity once Cephalon's acquisition by
(TEVA) is completed.
Shares of TE Connectivity got a boost in after-hours action, rising nearly 7% to $32.82 on volume of more than 150,000, according to Nasdaq.com. Based on Tuesday's regular session close at $30.69, the stock was up about 1% in the past year, falling more than 20% since hitting a 52-week high of $38.59 in February.
Joining the S&P 500 though assures new buyers as fund managers looking to mirror the performance of the index will need to own the stock. The Switzerland-based maker of electronic components, such as switches and sensors, as well as networking equipment is expected to report its fiscal fourth-quarter results on Oct. 24.The current average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters is for TE Connectivity to report earnings of 86 cents a share on revenue of $3.93 billion in the September-ended period. TEVA agreed to acquire Cephalon back in May in a cash deal worth more than $6 billion. The transaction received conditional approval from U.S. antitrust authorities last Friday. -- Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV