- Ophthalmic sales rose 11% to $9.5 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011 compared with $8.6 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2010. The growth in ophthalmic sales benefited from higher volume of disposable products, including procedural kits, laser probes and cannulas and expansion into international markets.
- Total neurosurgical sales, including sales to marketing partners, increased 41.7% to $3.3 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011 compared with $2.3 million for the same period in 2010. Sales to our marketing partners increased 61.8% to $3.1 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011 and more than offset the decline in direct neurosurgical sales due to the transition of neurosurgical sales to Codman & Shurtleff, Inc. (“Codman”) and Stryker Corporation (“Stryker”) under marketing partner agreements. Direct neurosurgical sales decreased 53.5% to $0.2 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011 compared with $0.4 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2010, as this business has been transitioned.
- Total OEM sales rose 33.4% to $2.8 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011 compared with $2.1 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2010. The increase in OEM sales benefited from increased shipments of Synergetics’ new CMC V generator and accessories to Codman during the latest quarter. The OEM sales include deferred revenue of $443,000 recognized from Codman and Alcon, Inc. (“Alcon”).
- Disposable product sales grew $2.4 million to $12.6 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011 compared with the fourth quarter of fiscal 2010. Disposable sales accounted for approximately 80% of total sales in the fourth quarter of fiscal.
- Capital equipment sales totaled $2.7 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011 compared with $2.8 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2010.
Synergetics Reports Fourth Quarter And Fiscal 2011 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.