NEW YORK (Stockpickr) -- At Stockpickr, we track the 30 of the top holdings of a variety of high-profile investors, such as Warren Buffett and Carl Icahn. On the heels of the most-recent quarterly 13F filings with the SEC, we're drilling down into these portfolios to offer you the stock picks of some of the world's most famous and most followed investors.
One of our most popular professional portfolios is that of George Soros' Soros Fund Management. Keeping in mind that Soros Fund Management conducts hundreds of transactions every quarter, we thought we'd single out some of its recent top buys, as of the period ended June 30.
In July, Soros announced that he'd be returning capital to investors in order to avoid Dodd Frank reporting requirements.What follows is a closer look at eight of the top 30 holdings that Stockpickr tracks in its George Soros portfolio. These stocks, including one brand-new buy, saw position increases in the most-recent quarter of 25% or more. They are organized here by position-increase size.
Stock Overview: Motorola Solutions provides technologies, products and services that make a range of mobile experiences possible. Its portfolio includes wireless handsets, wireless accessories, digital entertainment devices, set-top boxes and video distribution systems. It has a market cap of $15.3 billion and a 2.4 short interest ratio, and it trades with a P/E of 12.3. The stock yields 2%. Analyst Ratings: Of 19 analysts covering the stock, seven rate it a buy, 10 rate it a hold, and two rate it a sell. TheStreet Ratings has a C- hold rating on the stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV