The Mexico Equity and Income Fund, Inc. (the “Fund”) (NYSE: MXE) (NYSE: MXEPR), announced that it is scheduled to hold its Annual Meeting of Common and Preferred Stockholders on December 7, 2011, at 2:30 p.m. Eastern time. The meeting is being held for the following purposes:
1) To elect the Class I Directors to the Fund’s Board of Directors.
2) To consider and vote upon an amendment to the investment advisory agreement between the Fund and Pichardo Asset Management, S.A. de C.V.
3) To consider and vote upon such other matters as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment thereof.The Fund today also announced financial results for the fiscal year ended July 31, 2011. On July 31, 2011, total net assets of the Fund were $89,948,178 and the net asset value (“NAV”) for common and preferred stock was $13.26 per share, based on 6,723,882 and 57,639 shares outstanding, respectively. The Fund’s common stock closed at $11.64 per share on the New York Stock Exchange on July 31, 2011. The Fund’s preferred stock which did not trade on July 31, 2011 had a value of $11.93 based on the mean of the bid and ask price. For the fiscal year ended July 31, 2011, the Fund had an increase in net assets resulting from operations of $19,077,045. The increase was comprised of realized and unrealized gains of $19,248,527 and a net investment loss of $171,482. On July 31, 2011, the Fund’s investments in Mexican securities totaled $89,710,835, (or 99.75% of the Fund’s net assets), while other cash and cash equivalents totaled $299,971 (or 0.33% of the Fund’s net assets). Other liabilities in excess of other assets totaled $62,628 (or -0.08% of the Fund’s net assets). As of July 31, 2011, the Fund’s 10 largest common stock investments represented 71.1% of the Fund’s net assets and are listed below in descending order:
|1.||America Movil, S.A. de C.V. – Class L||17.6%|
|2.||El Puerto de Liver||9.4%|
|3.||Mexichem, S.A. de C.V.||9.1%|
|4.||Genomma Lab Internacional SA||8.8%|
|5.||Wal-Mart de Mexico S.A.B. de C.V.||6.1%|
|6.||Grupe S.A. de C.V.||4.4%|
|7.||Banregio Grupo Financiero S.A. de C.V||4.3%|
|8.||Qualita Compania de Seguros||4.2%|
|9.||Fomento Economico Mexicano S.A. de C.V.||3.7%|
|10.||Arca Continental S.A.B. de C.V.||3.5%|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV