Perils of Liquidity Addiction
However, not only are these junkies cowards but they are also hypocrites of the worst variety. While the banker-liquidity addicts continue their orgies of debt and money-printing, they tell us that we should tighten our belts so that they can continue to indulge their reckless addictions in an even more extravagant manner. Hence the oppressed people in the UK get ever harsher "austerity" while UK bankers give themselves ever larger injections.
In the case of Europe's liquidity-junkies, they are now having a great deal of difficulty in even pretending there is a purpose for their ever more frequent injections. Previously, the mantra of these deceitful addicts was that their injections were necessary to "prevent Greek default."
Now that even the addicts are acknowledging that Greece's default is inevitable, their attempts at justification have descended to the pretense that they are "lessening the impact" of that default.
If we translate this from the economic realm to the medical realm, the analogy is obvious. Greece's default is identical to "death by overdose." The justification of the bankster addicts then becomes that these new injections are to make that death "less painful." This has now descended into an exercise in assisted suicide (by liquidity overdose). The actions of these addicts have gone from being 'merely' reckless to blatantly suicidal.In short, what has been demonstrated in utterly unequivocal terms is that none of these esteemed officials is even remotely competent to conduct their duties and must be immediately replaced by non-addict. Mervyn King is merely the "poster boy" for a global economy whose fate now rests in the hands of a group of hopelessly-addicted junkies, whose minds have literally been unhinged by the severity of their cravings for more liquidity. It is long past time for an "intervention" for these addicts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV