Occupy Wall Street's 1%: You Are Not Forgotten
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- What a bummer it must be to be part of the so-called 1% of wealthiest Americans these days! Occupy Wall Street, which initially appeared to be just a few college students, has somehow gotten the attention of President Obama and various members of Congress.
Or, maybe you one percenters are feeling great right now. Maybe, like Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-B) Chairman Warren Buffett, many of you rich folks have just been waiting for a chance to pay more taxes. Or maybe you have seen this movement grow and are now wondering when the torches and pitchforks will appear, and whether you should gather up some of your pocket change and spring for a few more $230,000 guard dogs .
It's all good, as far as we're concerned. We were just wondering whether you felt a little bit left out since The Lede, a blog from The New York Times, has asked members of the 99% of the unwashed masses to share their thoughts about the protests without bothering to ask for your input.
Maybe they figured you'd be perfectly content to go on leaking to Andrew Ross Sorkin, or that you could just buy a newspaper whose editorial page you like but whose newsroom is clearly populated by too many effete pseudointellectuals. Oops ---- they forgot that Rupert Murdoch beat you to it!Starting your own fake grass roots political party would also be a bit derivative, because the Koch Brothers clearly got the jump on you there. Your only remaining option, then, would be to talk to TheStreet. So don't delay: send me an email here if you are rich and want to speak one on one. Or feel free to unburden yourselves in the comments section. What do you make of Occupy Wall Street? -- Written by Dan Freed in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV