3. Gran Tierra Energy (GTE) is a Canada-based upstream energy company with oil and gas properties in Colombia, Argentina and Brazil.
Revenue and other income for the second quarter of 2011 increased 93% to $162 million. Net income nearly doubled to $31.6 million during the quarter. The company reported production of 18,141 barrels of oil equivalent per day, increasing 36% due to additional production from recent discoveries and existing fields. Following the acquisition of Petrolifera, management expects 2011 production to average between 17,500 and 19,000 boe per day.
Higher production ensured healthy operating cash flow of $64 million over $50 million reported in the same quarter prior year. Cash and cash equivalents were $211.4 million. Management estimates 2011 capital expenditure of $357 million with $190 million allocated to drilling, $87 million for seismic acquisition and $79 million for infrastructure.Analysts surveyed by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain 87% over the next one year. Of the analysts covering the stock, 88% have a buy rating.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV