4. Micron Technology (MU) provides semiconductor and memory solutions, including DRAM and Flash memory.
For the third quarter of fiscal 2011, the company repaid $327 million debt and had cash and short-term investments of $2.4 billion. Micron reported operating cash of $589 million and capital expenditure at $534 million for the period.
Consolidated gross margin improved sequentially to 22% from 19% on lower manufacturing costs. Net income stood at $75 million on total revenue of $2.1 billion.During the quarter, the company sold its wafer fabrication facility in Japan to Tower Semiconductor. Analysts polled by Bloomberg project 78% upside over the next one year. The stock is trading at 8.7 times its estimated 2012 earnings and 57% of analysts have a buy rating on it.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV