5. Hecla Mining Company (HL) is the largest producer of silver in the U.S. with two mining properties. It has total four exploration properties in the U.S. and Mexico.
Revenue for the second quarter of 2011 was $118 million, up 33% from the same period last year, benefiting from stable production and higher silver prices.
The company's margins improved during the quarter. Gross profit margin rose to 57.5%, vs. 43% in the corresponding quarter prior year. Gross profit increased from $38 million during the second quarter of 2010 to $68 million during the quarter under review. Net income margin was higher at 28.1% compared to 19.3% in the equivalent quarter 2010.Hecla's cash position was $377 million, up from $197 million during the same period in 2010. Capital expenditure totaled $26.4 million for the quarter. Analysts expect the stock to gain around 77% over the next one year. It is trading at 9.9 times its estimated 2011 earnings with 38% of analysts giving it a buy rating.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV