8. Amkor Technology (AMKR) is a leading provider of semiconductor assembly and test services.
Net sales for the second quarter of 2011 stood at $688 million, up 3% sequentially. Gross margin was flat at 19%. Net income was $14 million, vs. $25 million in the prior quarter. Net income includes $16 million related to debt refinancing charges.
For the third-quarter, Ken Joyce, Amkor's CEO, said, "Strong demand for communications and the seasonal increase in gaming is expected to drive sequential revenue growth of 5% to 12%. To continue driving technology leadership and innovation and meet the capacity requirements of our leading customers, we are currently planning capital additions of approximately $225 million for the second half of 2011."Gross margin for the third quarter is estimated between 17% and 20%. On average, analysts expect the stock to gain 58% over the next one year. Among analysts polled, 50% have buy rating. Shares are trading at 8.7 times estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV