NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - US Airways Group (LCC), D.R. Horton (DHI), Micron Technology (MU), Amkor Technology (AMKR), Advantage Oil & Gas (AAV), Delta Air Lines (DAL), Xerox (XRX) and Gran Tierra Energy (GTE) are trading below $10 with an average of 58% of analysts calling for buy ratings and analysts estimating upside potential between 38% to 122%. We expect these stocks to outperform their peers and the broader markets, based on their respective 12-month price targets.
Spanning sectors such as housing, technology, banking, mining, energy, airlines and semiconductors, these stocks are listed in ascending order of upside potential.
10. D.R. Horton (DHI) is a U.S.-based homebuilder operating in 26 states and 72 metropolitan markets. The company conducts its business through six homebuilding segments and a financial services segment. Home-building operations contribute more than 95% toward aggregate revenue.For the third quarter ended June 2011, the company reported net income of $28.7 million, including pre-tax charges of $9.9 million. Net income for the second quarter of fiscal 2011 was $27.8 million. Home-building revenue was $975.4 million in the June quarter of 2011 compared to $733.1 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2011. Housing affordability remains high with favorable interest rates. The company intends to focus on restricting construction costs and inventory levels and maintaining a strong balance sheet and liquidity. "Sequentially, our homebuilding revenues grew $242 million, home sales gross margins improved by 30 basis points and homebuilding SG&A decreased by approximately $10 million. Additionally, our net sales orders in the June quarter were about flat with the March quarter, reflecting a traditional seasonal demand pattern," said Donald R. Horton, the company's chairman. Among analysts polled by Bloomberg, 52% have a buy rating on the stock. The consensus estimate by analysts finds 38% upside potential for the stocks. It is trading at 19 times its estimated 2012 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV