NEW YORK (TheStreet) - US Airways Group (LCC), D.R. Horton (DHI), Micron Technology (MU), Amkor Technology (AMKR), Advantage Oil & Gas (AAV), Delta Air Lines (DAL), Xerox (XRX) and Gran Tierra Energy (GTE) are trading below $10 with an average of 58% of analysts calling for buy ratings and analysts estimating upside potential between 38% to 122%. We expect these stocks to outperform their peers and the broader markets, based on their respective 12-month price targets.
Spanning sectors such as housing, technology, banking, mining, energy, airlines and semiconductors, these stocks are listed in ascending order of upside potential.
10. D.R. Horton (DHI) is a U.S.-based homebuilder operating in 26 states and 72 metropolitan markets. The company conducts its business through six homebuilding segments and a financial services segment. Home-building operations contribute more than 95% toward aggregate revenue.For the third quarter ended June 2011, the company reported net income of $28.7 million, including pre-tax charges of $9.9 million. Net income for the second quarter of fiscal 2011 was $27.8 million. Home-building revenue was $975.4 million in the June quarter of 2011 compared to $733.1 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2011. Housing affordability remains high with favorable interest rates. The company intends to focus on restricting construction costs and inventory levels and maintaining a strong balance sheet and liquidity. "Sequentially, our homebuilding revenues grew $242 million, home sales gross margins improved by 30 basis points and homebuilding SG&A decreased by approximately $10 million. Additionally, our net sales orders in the June quarter were about flat with the March quarter, reflecting a traditional seasonal demand pattern," said Donald R. Horton, the company's chairman. Among analysts polled by Bloomberg, 52% have a buy rating on the stock. The consensus estimate by analysts finds 38% upside potential for the stocks. It is trading at 19 times its estimated 2012 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV