China Medical Technologies Receives Two Patents Granted By The UKIPO And Notice Of Allowance For Four Patent Applications From The USPTO
BEIJING, Oct. 11, 2011 /PRNewswire-Asia-FirstCall/ -- China Medical Technologies, Inc. (the "Company") (Nasdaq: CMED), a leading China-based advanced in-vitro diagnostic ("IVD") company, today announced that it has received two patents from the United Kingdom Intellectual Property Office (the "UKIPO") and Notice of Allowance for four patent applications from the United States Patent and Trademark Office (the "USPTO"). All patents relate to the Company's SPR technology.
Patent granted by the UKIPO
- Patent No. GB2454852 – "A Method for Screening of Infectious Agents in Blood"
- Patent No. GB2455929 – "A Method for the Identification of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Related Antibodies in Blood"
Notice of Allowance for patent application from the USPTO
- Patent application No. 12/441,530 – "Method for Quantitative Detection of Diabetes Related Immunological Markers"
- Patent application No. 12/441,710 – "Method of Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) to Detect Genomic Aberrations in Patients with Multiple Myeloma"
- Patent application No. 12/442,379 – "Method for the Quantitative Evaluation of Sex Hormones in a Serum Sample"
- Patent application No. 12/442,381 – "Method for Quantitative Measurement of Thyroid Related Antibodies or Antigens in a Serum Sample"
The Notice of Allowance is the USPTO's official communication that the examination of the patent application has been successfully completed and that a patent will be issued after completion of the administrative procedures by the applicant.In addition, the Company has several patent applications under examination by the USPTO currently. The Company expects to receive the relevant Notice of Allowance from the USPTO within the next twelve months. About China Medical Technologies, Inc. China Medical Technologies, Inc. is a leading China-based advanced IVD company using molecular diagnostic technologies including Fluorescent in situ Hybridization (FISH) and Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) and an immunodiagnostic technology, Enhanced Chemiluminescence Immunoassay (ECLIA), to develop, manufacture and distribute diagnostic products used for the detection of various cancers, diseases and disorders as well as companion diagnostic tests for targeted cancer drugs. The Company generates all of its revenues in China through the sale of diagnostic consumables including FISH probes, SPR-based DNA chips and ECLIA reagent kits to hospitals which are recurring users of the consumables for their patients. The Company sells FISH probes and SPR chips to large hospitals through its direct sales force and ECLIA reagent kits to small and mid-size hospitals through distributors. For more information, please visit http://www.chinameditech.com. Safe Harbor Statement This press release contains forward-looking statements. These statements constitute "forward-looking" statements within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements can be identified by terminology such as "expects," "anticipates," "future," "intends," "plans," "believes," "estimates" and similar statements. Such statements involve certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. Further information regarding these and other risks is included in the Company's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including its annual report on Form 20-F. The Company does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statement as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required under applicable law.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV