NEW YORK ( MainStreet) -- Halloween is a time for ghosts and goblins, jack-o'-lanterns and haunted houses. But most of all, let's not forget the candy.
Small businesses that focus on gourmet chocolate and specialty candy are getting ready to start their holiday season, which begins with Halloween and lasts through Valentine's Day.
Halloween is a key time of year for the candy industry. This year, consumers plan to spend an average $72.31 on Halloween between costumes, candy, decorations and greeting cards, according to the National Retail Federation. While the largest percentage will go to costumes, nearly 30% of that average will be spent just on Halloween candy.
Wouldn't it be nice to turn a sweet tooth into a career? Here are five businesses successful in the candy industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV