One stock that's already starting to break out is Collective Brands (PSS), which is engaged in the wholesale and retail of footwear and related accessories worldwide. This stock has been hammered by the bears so far in 2011, with shares off by around 30%.
If you take a look at the chart for Collective Brands, you'll notice that this stock has been stuck in a sideways trading pattern for the last month, between $12 a share on the lower end and $14.41 on the higher end. Now the stock is starting to break out above $14.41 a share, which could be signaling that a much bigger move higher is coming. The next major overhead resistance levels that traders should keep an eye on are at $15.40 to $16 a share. If this breakout holds, and then the stock takes out those levels, it could then make a run at filling the May gap down in price that started at around $19 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV