BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- Risk was "on" last week, as investors bucked Monday's significant selloff to push the S&P 500 2.12% higher on the week by Friday's close. It wasn't just the weekly gain in the S&P that demonstrated investors' risk appetites last week; it was also the kinds of stocks that were catching bids. Consumer-driven names contributed the brunt of last week's gains, while more defensive names sat idle.
The mini-rally that we're seeing right now is pretty tentative. Economic factors are still a drag on the broad market, particularly in Europe, where the drama continues to unfold. Even so, the kickoff of earnings season this week could provide investors with a much-needed positive shift in sentiment.
With uncertainty still playing a major role for Mr. Market, it makes sense to look for pockets of strength right now. That's why we're turning to Rocket Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV