Van Winkle pointed out that a National Coffee Association survey showed 81% of respondents' impression of single-serve coffee to be favorable, with purchase intent rising.
That bodes well for Green Mountain and its growing roster of available K-Cup options, as brands like Dunkin' Donuts (DNKN), Starbucks (SBUX), ConAgra's (CAG) Swiss Miss, Newman's Own and Hain Celestial's (HAIN) Celestial Seasonings tea offer brewing pods for the system, among others.
"Dunkin' advertising support is the unappreciated asset and Starbucks' 'on-time' launch should add to holiday momentum," Van Winkle added.
Earlier this year, the analyst raised his market share expectations for Keurig from 15% to 25% and then to 30%, but said he saw the one-cup brewer garnering upwards of 40% market penetration "given the strong line-up of brands available and further innovation lying ahead."
Shares of Green Mountain are up more than 180% year to date, and more than 240% from a year ago. The stock was rising 2.1% in premarket trading Monday after closing higher Friday at $92.06.
-- Written by Miriam Marcus Reimer in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Miriam Reimer. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to @miriamsmarket.
>>See our new stock quote page.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV