Synovis Life Technologies Inc. Stock Upgraded (SYNO)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Synovis Life Technologies (Nasdaq:SYNO) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SYNO's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- SYNO has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 9.71, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- SYNOVIS LIFE TECH INC has improved earnings per share by 30.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SYNOVIS LIFE TECH INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.43 versus $0.23 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.66 versus $0.43).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry average. The net income increased by 31.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.51 million to $1.99 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 115.67% to $4.73 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SYNOVIS LIFE TECH INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 0.96%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV