By Pete Najarian, co-founder of OptionMonster
Friday's activity involved sellers in the October 82.50 puts and buyers of the November 100 calls, according to OptionMonster's tracking systems. The puts went for $2 to $2.24 and the calls cost $5.70 to $6.30, essentially creating a leveraged bullish position that is similar to owning the stock. More than 6,000 contracts traded in each strike.
The stock rose 0.21% to $92.06 on Friday and is up more than 100% so far this year. Green Mountain is the same company that sells K-cups under different brands, including Caribou Coffee, Gloria Jean's, and Van Houtte.More than 31,000 contracts traded overall in the name, more than double its average volumes. Najarian has no positions in GMCR.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV