TAIPEI, Taiwan, Oct. 7, 2011 /PRNewswire-Asia-FirstCall/ -- GigaMedia Limited (NASDAQ: GIGM) announced today that as part of the company's strategic restructuring and new strategic growth plans, its IAH Games operation and Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. have mutually agreed to terminate their distribution partnership under which IAH Games distributed certain Blizzard Entertainment game products in Southeast Asia.
In accordance with the agreement, IAH Games ' commitments under the distribution partnership will be fully terminated after certain obligations of IAH Games have been fulfilled.
IAH Games will redeploy its resources to increase focus on its online game operations in key markets in Southeast Asia.
About GigaMediaGigaMedia Limited ( Singapore registration number: 199905474H) is a major provider of online entertainment software and services. Through its subsidiaries, GigaMedia develops and operates a suite of online games in Asia, covering all regions of Greater China and Southeast Asia. More information on GigaMedia can be obtained from www.gigamedia.com. The statements included above and elsewhere in this press release that are not historical in nature are " forward-looking statements " within the meaning of the " safe harbor " provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. GigaMedia cautions readers that forward-looking statements are based on the company ' s current expectations and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from those contained in such forward-looking statements. Information as to certain factors that could cause actual results to vary can be found in GigaMedia ' s Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission in June 20 11. For further information contact: Brad Miller, Investor Relations DirectorTel: +886-2-2656-8016Email: Brad.Miller@GigaMedia.com SOURCE GigaMedia Limited
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV