He said without the hint of a European interest rate cut or more details on a plan for Greece, the markets are likely to get hammered again. It's time to get a little more cautious, Cramer said, as he laid out his Friday game plan for next week's trading.On Tuesday, Cramer said he'll be watching the nightmare that's become Alcoa (AA), a stock whose estimates have become so low the company might just be able to meet them. For Thursday, it's Pepsico (PEP) that will have Cramer's ear. With worldwide growth and a 3.5% yield, Cramer said "I want in." The same did not hold true for Safeway (SWY), which reports Thursday. Cramer said this grocer is under attack from all fronts. Also on Thursday, JPMorgan Chase (JPM), a bank that needs to say something positive, like a dividend boost, to help it's ailing shares. Then there's Google (GOOG) a company under scrutiny for out of control spending and a loss of mindshare when compared to Facebook. Finally for Friday, Cramer said toymaker Mattel (MAT) might have some positive things to say about the holiday season. This one might make an interesting spec, he said. In other news, Cramer noted an investment survey hitting the street on Wednesday. He said any uptick in bearish sentiment will be good news, as it will imply there are fewer people left to sell.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV