Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc. (AMEX: LTS) (“Ladenburg” or the "Company”) today announced that the Company sent the following 2010 annual letter to its shareholders from the Chairman of the Board, Dr. Phillip Frost, and the Company’s President & Chief Executive Officer, Richard J. Lampen:
During 2010 and thus far in 2011, we have made significant progress establishing Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc. as a diversified financial services company with a leadership position in the independent brokerage and advisory business and a growing and profitable investment bank specializing in raising equity capital for emerging public companies. Since 2007, our plan has been to marry the stable and recurring revenues of the independent brokerage business with the more volatile, but potentially very profitable, investment banking/capital markets businesses – and we are pleased to report that it is working very well. Our goal has been to build sufficient scale in our independent brokerage business, with the accompanying steady cash flows it produces, so regardless of capital markets conditions, we as a firm can generate significant operating cash to create value for our shareholders.
Ladenburg has a long and proud history in the financial industry, and as we undertake this next phase of our growth, we will continue to be defined by our talented and devoted employees and advisors. We remain committed to fostering a strong, entrepreneurial spirit where anticipating and meeting the needs of our clients is our primary focus. We are confident that our past achievements and future success will be driven by the determined and principled people that make Ladenburg what it is today.2010 Overview Some highlights from 2010 include:
- Increasing overall revenues by 29%, including a 38% growth in investment banking revenues, fueled in part by the continued growth from our yield-based equities business;
- Growing to more than 1,000 financial advisors and $22 billion of client assets in our independent brokerage business at year end 2010;
- Completing the acquisition of Premier Trust Inc., a provider of wealth management services, including trust administration, estate and financial planning, custody and investment services;
- Placing 52 offerings, which raised approximately $11 billion for clients in healthcare, biotechnology, energy and other industries;
- Raising $14 million in a private placement transaction led by entities associated with Dr. Samuel Yin, a highly regarded businessman and entrepreneur in the Greater China region; and
- Joining the Russell 3000 ® broad-market index.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV