Meanwhile, the Financial Times reported Friday that government officials are worried that RBS, 83% owned by taxpayers, may need additional support depending on the outcome of a review of the industry by the European Banking Authority.
In the stress tests if 91 European banks in July, RBS was among those institutions in the so-called gray area with a "stressed" capital ratio of 6.3%.
In its half-year report, RBS said it had cut its exposure to Greek sovereign debt by 50%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV