Summer Infant Inc. (SUMR): Today's Featured Consumer Non-Durables Loser
The consumer non-durables industry closed the day up 2.1%. Ocean Bio-Chem Inc (OBCI), Tandy Brands Accessories (TBAC), Tandy Leather Factory Inc (TLF), and Mannatech Inc (MTEX) were all decliners today within the consumer non-durables industry with Summer Infant Inc (SUMR) being today's featured consumer non-durables loser. Summer Infant Inc fell 25 cents (-3.7%) to $6.93 on light volume. Throughout the day, 29,484 shares of Summer Infant Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 80,400 shares. Summer Infant, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the design, marketing, and distribution of branded juvenile health, safety, and wellness products to retailers primarily in North America and the United Kingdom. Summer Infant Inc has a market cap of $110.1 million and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 27.3, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 17.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Summer Infant as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Summer Infant Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV