Southcoast Financial Corporation (SOCB): Today's Featured Banking Loser
The banking industry closed the day up 1.6%. OptimumBank Holdings Inc (OPHC), Mid Penn Bancorp Inc (MPB), First United (FUNC), and Indiana Community Bancorp (INCB) were all decliners today within the banking industry with Southcoast Financial Corporation (SOCB) being today's featured banking loser. Southcoast Financial Corporation fell 14 cents (-8.1%) to $1.60 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 20,200 shares of Southcoast Financial Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,100 shares. Southcoast Financial Corporation operates as the holding company for Southcoast Community Bank that provides commercial banking services in South Carolina. Southcoast Financial Corporation has a market cap of $8.4 million and is part of the financial sector. Shares are down 47.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Southcoast Financial as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Southcoast Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV