Otter Tail Corporation (OTTR): Today's Featured Utilities Loser
The utilities sector closed the day up 1.7%. American DG Energy Inc (ADGE), Dynegy Inc (DYN), Transportadora de Gas del Sur (TGS), and Delta Natural Gas Company (DGAS) were all decliners today within the utilities sector with Otter Tail Corporation (OTTR) being today's featured utilities loser. Otter Tail Corporation fell 49 cents (-2.7%) to $18.89 on light volume. Throughout the day, 107,871 shares of Otter Tail Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 170,800 shares. Otter Tail Corporation engages in electric and nonelectric operations in the United States and internationally. It operates in six segments: Electric, Plastics, Manufacturing, Health Services, Food Ingredient Processing, and Other Business Operations. Otter Tail Corporation has a market cap of $658.5 million and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 29.5, above the average utilities industry P/E ratio of 21 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 19% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Otter Tail as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Otter Tail Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV