Gulf Resources Inc. (GURE): Today's Featured Chemicals Loser
The chemicals industry closed the day up 3.4%. Omnova Solutions Inc (OMN), Pure Bioscience Inc (PURE), Solazyme Inc (SZYM), and KMG Chemicals Inc (KMGB) were all decliners today within the chemicals industry with Gulf Resources Inc (GURE) being today's featured chemicals loser. Gulf Resources Inc fell 18 cents (-8.6%) to $2.27 on light volume. Throughout the day, 182,567 shares of Gulf Resources Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 653,900 shares. Gulf Resources, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and trade of bromine and crude salt, as well as in the manufacture of chemical products for use in the oil industry and paper manufacturing industry in the People's Republic of China. Gulf Resources Inc has a market cap of $68.9 million and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 1.4, equal to the average chemicals industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are unchanged year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Gulf as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Gulf Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV