The chemicals industry closed the day up 3.4%. Omnova Solutions Inc (OMN), Pure Bioscience Inc (PURE), Solazyme Inc (SZYM), and KMG Chemicals Inc (KMGB) were all decliners today within the chemicals industry with Gulf Resources Inc (GURE) being today's featured chemicals loser. Gulf Resources Inc fell 18 cents (-8.6%) to $2.27 on light volume. Throughout the day, 182,567 shares of Gulf Resources Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 653,900 shares. Gulf Resources, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and trade of bromine and crude salt, as well as in the manufacture of chemical products for use in the oil industry and paper manufacturing industry in the People's Republic of China. Gulf Resources Inc has a market cap of $68.9 million and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 1.4, equal to the average chemicals industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are unchanged year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Gulf as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Gulf Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about GURE
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV