Bovie Medical Corporation (BVX): Today's Featured Health Care Loser
The health care sector closed the day up 1.7%. World Heart Corporation (WHRT), Telik Inc (TELK), Fonar Corporation (FONR), and Cormedix Inc (CRMD) were all decliners today within the health care sector with Bovie Medical Corporation (BVX) being today's featured health care loser. Bovie Medical Corporation fell 8 cents (-2.7%) to $2.90 on light volume. Throughout the day, 9,260 shares of Bovie Medical Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 20,100 shares. Bovie Medical Corporation, a medical device company, engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of medical products and devices with an emphasis on electrosurgical generators and electrosurgical disposables in the United States, Canada, and internationally. Bovie Medical Corporation has a market cap of $52 million and is part of the health services industry. Shares are down 11.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Bovie Medical as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been an overall disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Bovie Medical Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV