The food & beverage industry closed the day up 1.9%. Glg Life Tech (GLGL), Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc (GRIF), American Lorain (ALN), and Calavo Growers Inc (CVGW) were all decliners today within the food & beverage industry with China New Borun Corporation (BORN) being today's featured food & beverage loser. China New Borun Corporation fell 8 cents (-2.3%) to $3.57 on light volume. Throughout the day, 192,676 shares of China New Borun Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 299,100 shares. China New Borun Corporation produces and distributes corn-based edible alcohol in the People's Republic of China. China New Borun Corporation has a market cap of $89.3 million and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 2.1, equal to the average food & beverage industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 66.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates China New Borun as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its poor profit margins and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full China New Borun Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about BORN
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV