Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd (BIN): Today's Featured Materials & Construction Loser
The materials & construction industry closed the day up 2.3%. Nobility Homes Inc (NOBH), Continental Materials Corporation (CUO), Perma-Fix Environmental Services Inc (PESI), and McDermott International Inc (MDR) were all decliners today within the materials & construction industry with Progressive Waste Solutions (BIN) being today's featured materials & construction loser. Progressive Waste Solutions fell 75 cents (-3.6%) to $21.51 on light volume. Throughout the day, 176,023 shares of Progressive Waste Solutions exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 529,900 shares. Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd. operates as a vertically integrated waste management company in North America. The company provides non-hazardous solid waste collection and landfill disposal services to commercial, industrial, municipal, and residential customers. Progressive Waste Solutions has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.3, below the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio of 23.5 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 14.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Progressive Waste as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Progressive Waste Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV