5. Expect excellence. No company innovates on a regular schedule like Apple.
"My job is to not be easy on people. My job is to make them better." "Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected."
6. A master architect build's a platform upon which others are given the capacity to thrive. Apple's ecosystem and especially its App Store enabled creativity to flourish.
7. Love and passion come first. Everything else will take care of itself."My job is to make the whole executive team good enough to be successors, so that's what I try to do." "When I hire somebody really senior, competence is the ante. They have to be really smart. But the real issue for me is, Are they going to fall in love with Apple? Because if they fall in love with Apple, everything else will take care of itself. They'll want to do what's best for Apple, not what's best for them, what's best for Steve, or anybody else." Steve Jobs, March 7, 2008 8. Too many of us fail to reach our potential because of the bureaucracy that binds us. "Why join the navy if you can be a pirate?" Steve Jobs, September 1982 9. Quality vs. quantity? Steve understands it. "Quality is more important than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles." Steve Jobs, Feb. 6, 2006 10. Progress comes from within. "The cure for Apple is not cost-cutting. The cure for Apple is to innovate its way out of its current predicament." Steve Jobs, 2004
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV