ROCHESTER, N.Y., Oct. 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- PT (NASDAQ: PTIX), a leading global supplier of advanced network communications, today announced the addition of Xpress Telemarketer Guard™ (TMG) to its Xpress suite of next generation network solutions. Telemarketer Guard is an advanced software feature that enables residential subscribers to intercept and divert annoying telemarketing calls. TMG is expected to win wide acceptance among service providers worldwide, and is already offered in a major carrier's North American network.
In today's competitive landscape of telecommunications, service providers are losing hundreds of billions of dollars annually to subscriber churn. In order to effectively avoid churn, carriers must first differentiate their services, then follow up with close attention to subscriber satisfaction. With PT's Xpress Telemarketer Guard solution, service providers enlist a valuable, network proven solution in their quest for subscriber retention. Xpress Telemarketer Guard is an easy-to-deploy, easy-to-use solution that automatically identifies calls from frequent mass callers, and offers options for handling each call. TMG can block the call, send the call to voice mail, or allow the call to proceed, depending on the subscriber's preference. Each subscriber may create a 'reject list' to permanently disallow specific telemarketers, and an 'allow list' giving selected telemarketers access to the subscriber. This solution gives the end-user superior control to that offered by the "Do Not Call Registry." The power of Xpress Telemarketer Guard lies in an innovative design methodology called 'crowd sourced wisdom' that treats the entire subscribed population as individual intelligent filters to identify telemarketers.
"PT recognizes that a service provider's competitive edge depends on top performance infrastructure and a suite of features that enable them to attract and retain a growing subscriber base," said John Grana, Senior V.P. Products and Technology. "We are dedicated to enhancing our Xpress portfolio of SIP-based services, in order to furnish carriers a rich suite of powerful solutions to build a wide variety of revenue generating services."
In addition to Xpress Telemarketer Guard, PT's Xpress application portfolio includes:
- Xpress SIP Application Server – a new approach for delivering cost effective, feature-rich, enhanced, next generation services based on a pure IP implementation for both carrier-grade hardware and software. New service offerings can be quickly and reliably delivered across a wide variety of networks including IMS enabled, converged TDM/IP, and VoIP networks.
- Xpress SIP-based Service Creation Environment – an industry-leading visual service development environment that enables developers to build sophisticated next generation network applications easily. This simple intuitive interface makes applications faster to develop, customize, and modify to meet changing market needs.
- Xpress Calling Card™ – a flexible call rating and billing solution that is founded on a sophisticated real-time rating engine, and can be easily adapted to different telecommunication and network needs.
- Xpress Long Distance Cost Avoidance – an aptly named application, initially developed under the auspices of a major US military department, that significantly reduces long distance charges in military communications networks. This network based, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), application analyzes each long distance call and places the call over the most cost effective route, while allowing subscriber dialing patterns to remain unchanged thus providing cost savings, ease of implementation, and network wide routing consistency.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV