NEW YORK (TheStreet) - As the world laments the passing of Steve Jobs, the co-founder of Apple (AAPL) who passed away Wednesday at age 56, the creator of the Macintosh, iPod, iPhone and iPad is being compared to great tech visionaries like Thomas Edison and Henry Ford.
Yet the question remains: Who is the next Steve Jobs?
While analysts largely agree that Tim Cook is the right man to take on the role of Apple's CEO, finding a leader that can inspire millions across the globe and continually innovate to the extent that Jobs did is far more difficult.
Recognizing that Jobs is in a category of his own, here are five tech leaders in Silicon Valley and beyond whose impact and vision could one day rival that of the Apple co-founder.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV