NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- ClearOne Communications Corporation (Nasdaq:CLRO) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that we feel that the company's cash flow from its operations has been weak overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- CLRO has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, CLRO has a quick ratio of 2.45, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for CLEARONE COMMUNICATIONS INC is rather high; currently it is at 62.60%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 11.10% trails the industry average.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. When compared to other companies in the Communications Equipment industry and the overall market, CLEARONE COMMUNICATIONS INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$1.70 million or 191.80% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV