From the Mac to the iPod, iPhone and iPad, Jobs and Apple completely changed the face of consumer technology. President Obama was correct when he described Jobs as "among the greatest of American innovators" on Wednesday evening.
"There may be no greater tribute to Steve's success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented," the president said.
Jobs, who co-founded Apple in 1976 with Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne, rose to become one of America's most powerful corporate chieftains, and earned cult status among Apple's ever-growing legion of customers.Few, if any, CEOs, have personified their company as much as Steve Jobs, whose famous "one more thing" catchphrase will be forever synonymous with innovation. Read on for some of the key technology milestones in the Steve Jobs story:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV