Updated from Oct. 5 with comment from portfolio manager Herb Chen.
BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Steve Jobs joins Thomas Edison, the inventor of the motion-picture camera and the lightbulb, and Henry Ford, who pioneered the modern assembly line at his namesake car company, as America's greatest industrialists who disrupted technology to make a fortune against all odds.
Jobs, the co-founder and former chief executive officer of Apple (AAPL) who died Wednesday at the age of 56, will be remembered as a technology and business outsider who connected most intimately with his company's customers. Along the way, music fans gratefully bypassed record companies with Apple's iTunes music service, millions of mobile-phone users upgraded to the sleek iPhone smartphone and many millions more considered replacing their laptops with the breakthrough iPad tablet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV