MURRAY FRANK LLP Announces Investigation Of Pharmaceutical Product Development, Inc.
MURRAY FRANK LLP is investigating claims of breach of fiduciary duties by certain members of the board of directors of Pharmaceutical Product Development, Inc. (NYSE: PPDI) (“PPD” or the “Company”) in relation to the acquisition of the Company by private equity firms Carlyle Group (“Carlyle”) and Hellman & Friedman LLC (“Hellman & Friedman”).
On October 3, 2011, PPD announced that the Company had entered into an Agreement and Plan of Merger with Carlyle and Hellman & Friedman pursuant to an all-cash transaction under which PPD stockholders will receive $33.25 in exchange for each share of PPD common stock, an aggregate value of approximately $3.9 billion.
The investigation seeks to determine whether certain members of the board of directors breached their fiduciary duties in connection with their efforts to sell PPD to Carlyle and Hellman & Friedman at an inadequate price through an unfair process which significantly undervalues the Company.
If you are a current investor in PPD, who purchased PPDI shares before
October 3, 2011, and you wish to discuss this investigation or have any
questions concerning this notice or your rights or interests with
respect to these matters, please contact Bridget V. Hamill at (800)
497-8076 or (212) 682-1818, or by email at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV