NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Ford Motor Co. (F) and General Motors (GM) are among six automotive industry stocks that could log solid gains in the next year, according to price targets from Wall Street analysts.
Auto sales surged nearly 10% to 13.1 million vehicles in September from 11.8 million in the same period a year earlier, according to Autodata Corp.
Sales were boosted by higher discounts and robust demand for pickup trucks and sport-utility vehicles.
Light vehicle sales for September rose 9.9% to 1.05 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV