By Pete Najarian, co-founder of OptionMonster
Shortly after the opening bell, OptionMonster's real-time systems detected the purchase of more than 2,700 October 45 puts for 65 cents. The open interest was just 96 contracts, so this was new positioning.
Zimmer's stock rose 0.82% Tuesday to close at $51.52. Shares have been drifting downward since the spring and are still just above their mid-August lows.For the puts purchased Tuesday to turn a profit, the stock would need to drop at least 14% by the Oct. 21 expiration. The company designs and manufactures orthopedic devices, dental implants, and related surgical products. It is scheduled to release earnings results on Oct. 27, less than a week after the options expire. More than 5,400 puts traded against about 1,000 calls. Total option volume was four times greater than average. Najarian has no positions in ZMH.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV