P/E Ratio: 7.2X
Forward dividend yield: 8.2%
The only tech name on the list, United Online shares have dropped about 20% in 2011, seeing a modest bounce back up to $5.26 after sinking to a 52-week low of $4.80 in early August at the height of the broad market's volatility.
The Woodland Hills, Calif.-based company offers low-cost Internet access services under the Juno and NetZero banners, but it also operates the FTD flower retailing business and has a presence in social media with its Classmates site and other brands.United Online is slated to report its third-quarter result on Nov. 9, and the average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters is for earnings of 18 cents a share on revenue of $185 million. Four of the six analysts covering the stock are bullish at either strong buy (2) or buy (2). Benchmark Co. weighed in on the potential for the company to pursue an acquisition in a research note issued in mid-September, and also expressed confidence in the dividend. "We continue to believe that any acquisition would be an established business which fits with FTD or serves to fortify the Content & Media segment," wrote the firm, which has a buy rating and $7 price target on the stock. "Further, we suspect the acquired firm may be an underperforming business, but one that is still cash flow positive. Given that the dividend is currently paid out of cash flow from operations, and given that any deal would likely be financed through a combination of cash and debt, we would not expect the dividend to be at risk."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV