P/E Ratio: 8X
Forward dividend yield: 15.8%
Apollo Investment shares are down nearly 28% in the past year, but they've caught a bounce to $7.44 after scraping a 52-week low of $6.80 on Tuesday. Another BDC facing worries about bad loans, Apollo Investment is expected to report its fiscal second-quarter results on Nov. 3, and the average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters is for a profit of 24 cents a share in the September-ended quarter on revenue of $94.2 million.
The company has fallen short of Wall Street's consensus view in five of the past eight quarters, and the majority of sell-side analysts are in wait-and-see mode on the stock with 8 of 14 ratings at hold and the median 12-month price target at $11.Ladenburg Thalmann issued an outlook for the BDCs in mid-September, saying it's "generally positive on the sector because demand remains consistent and because we are not of the opinion that the U.S. economy will enter into a recession." The firm lists Apollo Investment as one of the more aggressive BDCs that it covers, along with Triangle Capital (TCAP) and Ares Capital (ARCC).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV