The materials & construction industry closed the day up 3.2%. Nobility Homes Inc (NOBH), India Globalization Capital Inc (IGC), US Concrete Inc (USCR), and Real Goods Solar Inc (RSOL) were all decliners today within the materials & construction industry with Universal Forest Products Inc (UFPI) being today's featured materials & construction loser. Universal Forest Products Inc fell $1.82 (-7.9%) to $24.95 on average volume. Throughout the day, 116,666 shares of Universal Forest Products Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 155,200 shares. Universal Forest Products, Inc. engineers, manufactures, treats, distributes, and installs lumber, composite wood, plastic, and other building products for the DIY/retail, site-built construction, manufactured housing, and industrial markets. Universal Forest Products Inc has a market cap of $469.6 million and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 141.5, below the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio of 150.3 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 40.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Universal Forest as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and deteriorating net income.
- You can view the full Universal Forest Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about UFPI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV