Tredegar Corporation (TG): Today's Featured Conglomerates Loser
The conglomerates sector closed the day up 4.3%. Were all decliners today within the conglomerates sector with Tredegar Corporation (TG) being today's featured conglomerates loser. Tredegar Corporation fell $1.09 (-7.8%) to $15.01 on average volume. Throughout the day, 84,702 shares of Tredegar Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 95,600 shares. Tredegar Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of plastic films, elastics, and laminate materials primarily for personal and household care products, and packaging and surface protection applications. Tredegar Corporation has a market cap of $474.8 million and is part of the conglomerates industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.7, above the average conglomerates industry P/E ratio of 16.5 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 28.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Tredegar as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Tredegar Ratings Report.
- Use our conglomerates section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV