Owens-Illinois Inc (OI): Today's Featured Consumer Non-Durables Loser
The consumer non-durables industry closed the day up 2.2%. China Xiniya Fashion (XNY), Tufco Technologies (TFCO), Zuoan Fashion (ZA), and China XD Plastics (CXDC) were all decliners today within the consumer non-durables industry with Owens-Illinois Inc (OI) being today's featured consumer non-durables loser. Owens-Illinois Inc fell 51 cents (-3.6%) to $14.55 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.5 million shares of Owens-Illinois Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.7 million shares. Owens-Illinois, Inc., through its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells glass containers primarily in Europe, North America, South America, and the Asia Pacific. It produces glass containers for beer, ready-to-drink low alcohol refreshers, spirits, wine, food, tea, juice, and pharmaceuticals. Owens-Illinois Inc has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.3, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 54.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Owens-Illinois as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and generally poor debt management.
- You can view the full Owens-Illinois Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV